Instructions for filing ITR through official website
2. Click on Quick e-file ITR
3. TAX DETAIL page : Check if tax details are already populated as per your form 16
4. INCOME DETAIL page :
– Income from salary column should have amount mentioned in “Income chargeable under the head ‘Salaries’ (3-5)” column of your form 16.
– Deductions mentioned in your form 16 should also be filled in deductions on this page.
– If both of above is done then value mentioned in column C20 (Taxable total income) should match with Form16, and ideally columns D18 & D19 (Amount payable & Refund) should be zero because you would have already paid exact tax amount.
– Income from other sources : Mention interest earned on saving accounts.
– You can request deduction on above income under 80 TTA upto 10,000 Rs (basically if your savings account earning is less than 10,000 Rs then you need not to pay any tax on this)
– If you have made any donations, mention relevant information in 80G tab. It will auto-populate the amount in deductions section on Income detail tab.
5. PERSONAL DETAIL page : Provide all personal details as required.
6. TAX PAID AND VERIFICATION page : Enter all bank accounts details & check final refund amount or additional amount to be paid and finally submit the form.
7. VERIFICATION : After submitting the form last step is verification (simply follow the steps given on the site).
* Salaried individuals should select ITR-1 Form.
* Assessment year will be year next to financial year
* You can also check 26AS if you want to confirm your income tax credit statement
* SBI credits interest on savings account on 25th June & 25th Dec of every year.
* Citibank does the same on 30th Sept & 31 March of every year.
# Please note this post is useful & sufficient only if you have simple form 16 & your complete tax is already paid.