I am feeling proud to write about the first event regional marketplace community building event ‘Marketplace Day’ organized by us in Hyderabad. Unlike its name, it was actually an over night event 😉 and 25 enthusiastic participants and volunteers (who were curated based on their application form) woke up whole night to work on marketplace bugs. You can read full report about the event flow and report at my post on
As a summary, the event was all about –
- 25 Hackers with open eyes whole night
- 15 Night Hours of Fun
- Sukhwinder Singh Sehgal helped fellow participants in setting up the fireplace.
- Saahiljeet Singh not only worked on fixing bugs, but also submitted 5 new bugs.
- Manoj Kumar, Jaipal Singh Goud, Bharath submitted most number of Pull Requests.
Friend of Mozilla :
Thanks a lot Amy for giving updates about this event at last week’s project meeting and getting me the shout-outs. I loved to see my name mentioned as the newest Friend of Mozilla on the meeting notes at https://wiki.mozilla.org/WeeklyUpdates/2015-05-18#Friends_of_Mozilla_Friends_of_Mozilla.
Few more event related links
Ways in which one can contribute to Firefox OS
1. App Dev
2. Firefox OS Localization
3. Bug Fixing
4. Firefox OS Compatibility
5. Getting involved in Firefox OS Events
6. Mozilla Location Service
Here I will brief how to make a simple app ..
- You can prefer to start by getting some code and studying that, instead starting from scratch. You can get an sample app from here.
- You will also need Firefox OS simulator, which is nothing but just an add-on to your firefox browser (get it from here).
- Now open your Firefox browser > Goto Tools > Web Developer > Firefox OS Simulator..
- Click on “Add directory” and browse you directory containing the App and click OK.
- Now you can see you App in the list of installed apps on your Simulator. You have successfully finished your first app 🙂
Kindly be in touch by visiting the blog again, I will put more posts regarding advanced development on Firefox OS.
Your feedback / queries are most welcome as comments below .. 🙂
Hello HTML5 app developers, the open mobile web is calling. Here is a chance for you to get a Firefox OS phone. If you have any idea for nice app, you can submit it here and if it is selected by the review team, you will get one Firefox OS phone to work upon the idea.. https://hacks.mozilla.org/2013/05/phones-for-apps-for-firefox-os/