This is how we can remove unnecessary access points from saved list in Ubuntu.
ctrl + t cd /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections
sudo rm <connection_name>
When can dual-boot your computer to run any of Linux and Windows OS. But sometime the booloader get disturbed and we need to restore it. In such case you can simply load Linux OS from live CD/Pendrive and use following commands. [set X & Y with appropriate value according to where you have installed linux. In my case XY were a1]
sudo mount /dev/sdXY /mnt
sudo mount –bind /dev /mnt/dev
sudo mount –bind /proc /mnt/proc
sudo mount –bind /sys /mnt/sys
sudo chroot /mnt
grub-install –recheck /dev/sdX
Updating Firefox in Windows OS is quite easy, you can find out all ways on Mozilla Support page https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/update-firefox-latest-version
But to update Firefox on Linux environment above mentioned ways doesn’t work.
Update Firefox on Ubuntu OS :
Just two commands on the terminal are enough –
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install firefox
Update Firefox on Other OS :
All OS which supports yum need following commands –
# yum update
# yum update firefox
Virtual Network Computing (VNC) is a graphical desktop sharing system. It transmits the keyboard and mouse events from one computer to another, relaying the graphical screen updates back in the other direction, over a network.
If you want to try VNC:-
- Download it from http://www.realvnc.com/download/binary/1266 (.tar.gz for linux) or http://www.realvnc.com/download/binary/1276 (.exe for windows)
- Install vncserver on your server and get a display using command ‘vncserver’
- This command will give you a DisplayNumber; keep it safe.
- Now using start VNCviewer on any other computer and give your.server.name.com:# as VNC Server where # is your DisplayNumber.
First I installed VNC Server on our spider server (spider.nitt.edu)
Then I started a VNC Display by giving command ‘vncserver’. And I got “New ‘spider.nitt.edu:13 (ram)’ desktop is spider.nitt.edu:13”. It means that a new desktop sharing has been started by user ‘ram’ with display number 13.
Now from any computer I can start VNCViewer, and by giving spider.nitt.edu:13 as VNC Server, I can get the graphical display from the server.
- At any time I can have any number of display’s of same server form same account.
- To start new desktop display, as i said earlier, simply give command ‘vncserver’ on the server, you will get new display number.
- To stop any display form server, you can give command ‘vncserver -kill :#’ where # can be replaced with the display number you want to stop.